Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Oct 4, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Milen A. Radev <milen@radev.net> wrote:
>
>> "When "clever" goes wrong: how Etsy overcame poor architectural choices"
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/10/when-clever-goes-wrong-how-etsy-overcame-poor-architectural-choices.ars
>>

> This is very well written. It almost sounds like the problem was
> caused by Postgres.

i got similar feeling when i have read this one ...
why should a switch to a system which cannot even properly do stored procs magically solve the problem?
it is like blaming the owner of a wine-yard for being drunk all day long ...

> I take it as first evidence of a marketing department at the new MySQL
> team. Hats off, guys and happy list monitoring.

yes, same feelings here as well ...

    regards,

        hans

--