Re: BUG #18547: bemused by your unhelpful installation guides - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: BUG #18547: bemused by your unhelpful installation guides
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> On Jul 20, 2024, at 15:12, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi I am  beyond critical of your documentation
> My research suggested that  Postgresql would install on TRUENAS core    see
> https://github.com/stualden/postgresql-misc/blob/main/install_postgres_on_truenas.md
>
> When I step through it features  claimed in the git hub text  are inaccurate
> for  release 16.3  - the users and user group are NOT created automatically
> by the pkg install

I'm sure this is frustrating, but this bug reporting form is probably not the right place to bring up the issues.  The
guideyou describe is an individual's github page, not something that is maintained by the PostgreSQL development
community. TrueNAS isn't one of the standard PostgreSQL platforms.  That doesn't mean PostgreSQL *won't* run on it, but
thereisn't the expertise here required to get those instructions to work.

It's not even clear from a quick read of their documentation what the underlying OS for TrueNAS is (both Linux and
FreeBSDare mentioned).

If you are following those instructions and they do not appear to work, probably the best answer is to open an issue on
thatGitHub repo.  TrueNAS might also have support forums that could be useful.