Re: Moving database cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Hevia
Subject Re: Moving database cluster
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks for your reply.
I had considered this first but then I wasn't sure if there would be any
performance penalty.
The current main directory sits on a 'slow' RAID 1 volume while the new one
will sit on a 'fast' 12 disk RAID 10 volume.
I guess the symlink shouldn't be troublesome but I don't know if some PG
process will continually be reading this link encumbering somehow the RAID 1
disks.

Regards,
Fernando.