Re: 8.3.3 regression test on SCO 5.0.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harvey, Allan AC
Subject Re: 8.3.3 regression test on SCO 5.0.7
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA@OneSteel.com> writes:
> > creating template1 database in
> /upgrades/postgres/postgresql-8.3.3/src/test/regre
> > ss/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... =: is not an identifier
>
> I'd guess you have an incompatible awk or possibly sed.  Look at the
> postgres.bki file generated on this system and compare it to one
> generated from 8.3 on a non-broken system.  It might or might not
> be easy to determine exactly where the breakage is, but I suspect the
> short answer is going to be "install gawk".
>
>             regards, tom lane
A diff of postgres.bki on the SCO system to another that completed the regression
tests OK produced no differences.

Slapped GNU Awk 3.1.1 over the top of the SCO distributed awk. No difference.
Looking into sed now.

Ta,

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended
recipient,use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
pleaseadvise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses
containedin this email or any attachments.