Re: looking for some real world performance numbers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harvey, Allan AC
Subject Re: looking for some real world performance numbers
Date
List pgsql-general
> As far as real world numbers, we have a data-intensive app
> (network data
> collection for a telecom company) that is currently inserting
> about 16
> million rows a day.  I benchmarked PG for that app and with some
> tweaking, PG could handle it.
Me too, not telco though. 5.5 million per day across 2240 tables and 4 databases with 50 days on-line.
Tweaking to auto vaccuum to get it to keep up with the daily deletes and fsync off, slow disks not PG's fault but have
UPS.

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended
recipient,use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
pleaseadvise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses
containedin this email or any attachments.