Re: Brand New User (I hope) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joe Erickson
Subject Re: Brand New User (I hope)
Date
List pgsql-novice
You'll want to go into YaST to the System tab (the tabs on the side) and enter Runlevel Manager.  In the list, scroll
topostgresql and Enable it.  This will start the server and set PostgreSQL to start when the machine starts up.

I'm doing quite a bit with PostgreSQL on SuSE, so if you have any other questions, you can email me.

---

Joe Erickson

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of phil
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 5:26 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Brand New User (I hope)

Hello,

I've just purchased SuSE 9.1 Professional which uses the YaST package manager
to install software and was wondering if anyone has successfully installed
Postgresql 7.4.2-31 on a Pentium based machine. I installed all of the
postgresql packages and simply ended up with a "server not found" message
when I typed: createdb mydata.  I've never asked a user group for help before
so I'm not sure how to go about this.......

Thank-you,
Phil