Re: Library names on Unix - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Library names on Unix
Date
List pgsql-odbc

And inconsistent with other PostgreSQL-using packages that I have a hand
in, e.g., pgAdmin :-)

> While
> the dichotomy between options and variables is certainly not
> comprehensible
> to the casual user, I'd hesitate to make up new stuff for the
> purpose of
> spelling things differently.  As long as it's documented, it
> should be OK.

It seems to me it's not just a case of spelling things differently -
it's doing things the way users expect. I've *never* come across a
configure script that required me to set options via the environment
rather than a --with-foo= style option.

Regards, Dave.