Re: Using Which Driver [correct] - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Using Which Driver [correct]
Date
List pgsql-odbc

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Sivakumar K
Sent: 06 September 2005 06:50
To: Kathy Lo; pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Using Which Driver [correct]

Hi Kathy,

            psqlodbc-08.00.0102 is the official ODBC driver of the PostgreSQL community. This driver is also partially 3.x compliant whereas the driver provided by unixODBC is ODBC 2 compliant. Also psqlodbc-08.00.0102 has lot of bug fixes gone into it.

 I believe the ODBC driver by unixODBC is little bit old.

I would suggest you to go and have your hands on libpq enabled ODBC driver.

Of which 08.01.0103 is the latest, though if you can wait a couple of days, I expect there will be a new one.

Regards, Dave.