Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

As someone who has battled endlessly with a government bodies who insist
on running their Citrix systems on port 80 for that reason, thus
requiring all sorts of hacks to be applied to forced proxys, I refuse to
work that way. Even Squid 2.4 requires a non-standard configuration for
100% interop with WebDAV.

> from OUTSIDE my firewall, @ my ISP-based shell acct:
>
>     % telnet svr2.postgresql.org 3690
>         Trying 65.19.161.25...
>         telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>
> BUT, to 'another' server ...
>
>     % telnet svn.adiumx.com 3690
>         Trying 216.133.69.35...
>         Connected to penguinmilitia.net.
>         Escape character is '^]'.
>         ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( edit-pipeline ) ) ) ^]
>
> i'm not convinced its NOT your server ... then again, i'm not
> convinced it's
> not me too =-S

OK, I'm seeing a major problem here. Why are you trying to connect to
svr2.postgresql.org? By chance I happen to be root on that box, but it's
nothing to do with pgAdmin (it's the www.postgresql.org backend server),
and is on the wrong side of the pond!! Try svn.pgadmin.org...

:-)

> a SWAG -- i just wonder if there's a version incompatibiolity
> between our
> "subversion versions".  i'm using 1.2rc2 -- you?

1.1.14. I was hoping 1.2 would be gold by the time we moved, but alas
not.

Regards, Dave.