Re: New Sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: New Sponsors
Date
List pgsql-www

Well I can provide a vale logo, but there's no real need to list us -
it's not like we're a tech company, or that we'd benefit from it in any
way.

> As for the others... I think the this list
> is supposed
> to be primarily for companies that sponsor full time developers, and I
> guess people who provide key pieces of infrastructure; hosting cvs
> probably counts, gborg or foundry too I would imagine, but
> just a static
> web server not so much.

Pervasive have donated a dual 3G Xeon box with a 100Mb net connection
(more horsepower than anyone else has donated that I'm aware of), and
developer time for psqlODBC. I'll grant you the NSA one is not as much,
but I think Pervasive certainly deserve inclusion.

> At least not on this list... if you want to
> debate that I'd say take it too advocacy, but you might want to wait
> till people stop discuss font sizes, pl packaging, and
> software patents.
> :-)

Oh, I avoid -advocacy as much as I can as a matter of course :-)

Regards, Dave.