Re: More problems with the win32 installer for 8.1 beta3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: More problems with the win32 installer for 8.1 beta3
Date
List pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Tony Caduto
Sent: Mon 10/17/2005 5:43 PM
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] More problems with the win32 installer for 8.1 beta3
> Is there anyway to get a libpq that does not depend on libintl-2.dll and
> libiconv-2.dll?  (short me spinning my wheels for hours trying to figure
> out C code).

Recompile it without NLS support - but please don't distribute such a build as you may end up with us telling people
notto use your product if you inadvertantly end up breaking psqlODBC or something similar.

I really think you have something else wrong however - there is no reason the gettext, ssl or kerberos libs shouldn't
befound if they and libpq are in the same directory as your executable.

Regards, Dave.