Re: windows pgAdmin III suggestion - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: windows pgAdmin III suggestion
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

From: pgadmin-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Darren Westmore
Sent: 09 December 2004 12:02
To: pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-hackers] windows pgAdmin III suggestion

Hi,

I have been using Postgresql v8 and pgAdmin III on the win32 platform for a month or so now and it looks really good.

One frustration on the windows platform is that there isn’t a built in metadata export utility. It would be great to add it in as many developers build schemas on windows and then upload to larger machines for application testing. At the moment I am trying to use the EMS tools to do this, but it is turning into a frustrating experience.

Do you have any plans to add in this type of utility to the windows version?

Hi Darren,

In 1.2.0 you can use the backup tool to export a schema-only backup of a database. If I understand your problem correctly this should do what you need.

Regards, Dave.