From Dave Page
Subject Re: Inadequate hosting for www.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www

<snip stats>

Yes, that is interesting. What's even more interesting is running the
stats on www.postgresql.org/index.php. All of a sudden, it becomes
apparent that the servers isn't doing a bad job serving static HTML,
it's the PHP stuff that's dog slow.

> But, I again want to  stress that current architecture of
> postgresql.org sites are very-very bad and you will never get
> nice performance and scalability especially for dynamic sites without:

Agreed, but I think there's a more fundamental problem to fix before
getting down to the level of optimisation you suggest.

Regards, Dave.