Re: pgAgent Job never starts - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAgent Job never starts
Date
List pgadmin-support
Because pgAgent must connect to the database where the jobs are defined as well as whichever ones you are running jobs in.

Regards, Dave

From: Vincent CORDIER - LOGIXEN [mailto:v.cordier@logixen.com]
Sent: 20 September 2006 12:54
To: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAgent Job never starts

What ? I don't understand...sorry
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Page
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:03 PM

From: Vincent CORDIER - LOGIXEN [mailto:v.cordier@logixen.com]
Sent: 20 September 2006 10:39
To: Dave Page

Hello,

I created a connection string like that  "localhost:5432:marketing:postgres:zryt678" in %APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf

but that dosen't work I have in my log file this message :

"Couldn't create connection: fe_sendauth: no password supplied"

thank you

Perhaps you need a similar entry for the database in which the pgAgent configuration data is stored? (probably the postgres database).

Regards, Dave.