Re: How to compile PostGreSQL on Windows 64 bits ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: How to compile PostGreSQL on Windows 64 bits ?
Date
List pgsql-general

Yes.

> My problem is to find how obtain an Unix/Linux environnement
> compilation on Windows 64 bits.
> Unfortunately, MinGW, Cygwin, and others tools are not
> available on Windows 64 bits.

No.

> Did somebody already make a compilation on Windows 64 bits ?
> Could you give me some details ?

It hasn't been done yet. Magnus has been playing with generating VC++
project files from the existing Makefiles which will probably offer one
way to do it, and I've been dabbling with the posix stuff in 2k3 server
R2 (previously Interix) with the aim of building a 64bit server, but
nothing is anywhere near usable yet.

Regards, Dave