Re: Error when trying to add DEFAULT Value to NEW column - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error when trying to add DEFAULT Value to NEW column
Date
List pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Leon du Plessis
Sent: 02 February 2006 14:49
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Error when trying to add DEFAULT Value to NEW column

Ok, This was me. When I looked at the SQL statement to trace problem, I (sheepishly) used the wrong quotes !

Oh good - I was scratching my head trying to track that one down!

 Can the single quotes be added automatically if they are not supplied?

Not really, because it's difficult to know if they are required or not, especially if custom datatypes are used, or the default is actually an expression.

Regards,. Dave.