metadata about creation and size of tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Mueller
Subject metadata about creation and size of tables
Date
List pgsql-general

I’ve looked at the documentation to find where to find some data that are very to find Mysql:  the creation and modification data of a table and the size of particular tables.

Where do I find an answer to the question “which is the last table I created” or “when did I last modify this table?”  In the data directory, tables seem to have numbers, but there doesn’t seem to be an easy mapping of those numbers to the table names.

I thumbed through the documentation, but didn’t see any heading that was likely to have that information.  Is there some where  a “table of tables” that lets you look up various metadata?