Suggestion on Backup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeni Fifrick
Subject Suggestion on Backup
Date
Re: Suggestion on Backup  (Gabriele Bartolini <Gabriele.Bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it>)
List pgsql-admin

We’re having Master & Slave Postgres 9.1.3 on CentOS – using  Streaming Replication, which serve as a read-only database, and as ‘backup’ for the production database.

The current backup mechanism is using pg_dump.

We’re in need to do maintenance process that required the server to be taken down.

So, during that time, we only have 1 Production server.

I’m trying to setup a process that can be used to have the continuous backup of the production, to make sure if some problems happen on the production server, we won’t loss the data.

Could you experts give me suggestion on the best way to achieve this?

And detail on how to achieve it?

Thanks in advance,

Jen