Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
On Jan 3, 2010, at 6:06 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>> Yes, but are those people applying to pgFoundry to take advantage of the tools, or to have a presence in the
community?I'll bet that the latter is usually the more important reason, since there are better tools elsewhere.

> I cannot really answer that question but I guess it is a bit of both. As in for most of the simple projects the tools
arestill "good enough" and you get the community presence on top of that.

Except that: a. There are better tools available that provide higher visibility in general; and b. The community
presenceacquired as a result of being on pgFoundry is, as Magnus parentheticaly indicated and I agree, negligible.

Best,

David