Re: Let's Do the CoC Right - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 22, 2016, at 12:39 AM, Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:

> I am especially disgusted by the people behind http://contributor-covenant.org.  They have done nothing but to
silencethe voices of minorities. That's being kind to them.

Interesting. Got a link for context? I Googled, but saw nothing about controversy or other issues in the first few
pages.Maybe I need to dig a little deeper?

Honestly, I like that other folks have really thought this stuff through, and it’s so widely adopted as to be
approachinga standard for OSS.

> Which essentially says - "we are individuals with a common love for this thing, get to know who we are, jump in to
helpus and your voice will be heard."
> That's pretty much all I care about when getting involved in any  community.

Right, but it’s not enough for other people, so insufficiently inclusive.

Best,

David

Attachment