Enabling SSL fails to restart server - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Patricola
Subject Enabling SSL fails to restart server
Date
List pgsql-novice

When we set ssl=on in postgres.conf the server doesn’t restart at all.  No error message, no log.  When we turn it off again it connects fine.  Postgres was installed with RedHat as a package so is there some manual installation that needs to be done?  Below is the version being used.

Version     : 8.1.23

Release     : 1.el5_6.1

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services | Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)