Re: why can't I find the other schemas in my restored d - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Henshall, Stuart - TNP Southwest
Subject Re: why can't I find the other schemas in my restored d
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

pg_catalog & pg_toast are not directly dumped with backups.
pg_catalog is system maintained to all the tables, views etc... so if it didn't exist then you'd be rather stuck
pg_toast just stores variable length datatypes which are greater than a certain length.
Of course if you are using pg 7.2 or earlier then there will be no schemas.
You may be better asking this sought of question on pgsql-general rather than pgsql-cygwin
hth,
- Stuart
P.S. Sorry for the format change the disclaimer adder forces :(

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.