Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The 7.4 tree has never built cleanly on Wallaroo, a Mac OS X 10.3.8
member of the build farm. Currently it's failing in the make contrib
stage. I'd like to get it to build properly, but I don't know enough
to be able to make sense of the log output. I'd be grateful if
someone could spare a few minutes to take a look at the log and give
me an idea of what it would take to fix it.

http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wallaroo&dt=2005-11-10%
2021:15:00

It looks to me like there's a linking error with GIST. Does this mean
it's looking for libraries in the wrong place? Perhaps the libraries
it's looking for aren't installed on this box? Perhaps it's a
configure problem?

Thanks for any insight!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com