Re: META vacuum - FAIL: ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Subject Re: META vacuum - FAIL: ERROR
Date
List pgsql-novice

I've never used 6.5, but I vaguely recall an error with heap a similar error to the one you report being something in the old/full vacuum for moving chains. I believe it was said to just stop vacuum. It might be worth a scan of the archives (I seem to recall Tom Lane gave the reason).

I would have thought just dropping the index and recreating would be ok, but have never come across this problem myself.

Regards,
- Stuart