pgsql: Refactor pull_var_clause's API to make it less tedious to extend - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Refactor pull_var_clause's API to make it less tedious to extend
Date
List pgsql-committers
Refactor pull_var_clause's API to make it less tedious to extend.

In commit 1d97c19a0f748e94 and later c1d9579dd8bf3c92, we extended
pull_var_clause's API by adding enum-type arguments.  That's sort of a pain
to maintain, though, because it means every time we add a new behavior we
must touch every last one of the call sites, even if there's a reasonable
default behavior that most of them could use.  Let's switch over to using a
bitmask of flags, instead; that seems more maintainable and might save a
nanosecond or two as well.  This commit changes no behavior in itself,
though I'm going to follow it up with one that does add a new behavior.

In passing, remove flatten_tlist(), which has not been used since 9.1
and would otherwise need the same API changes.

Removing these enums means that optimizer/tlist.h no longer needs to
depend on optimizer/var.h.  Changing that caused a number of C files to
need addition of #include "optimizer/var.h" (probably we can thank old
runs of pgrminclude for that); but on balance it seems like a good change
anyway.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/364a9f47ab363250f62dd2c381c4da435283725a

Modified Files
--------------
contrib/postgres_fdw/deparse.c            |   1 -
src/backend/catalog/heap.c                |   8 +--
src/backend/commands/trigger.c            |   4 +-
src/backend/optimizer/path/allpaths.c     |   4 +-
src/backend/optimizer/path/equivclass.c   |   2 +-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/analyzejoins.c |   1 +
src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c   |   2 +-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/initsplan.c    |   6 +-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/planner.c      |   5 +-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/setrefs.c      |  15 +++--
src/backend/optimizer/prep/prepjointree.c |   1 +
src/backend/optimizer/prep/preptlist.c    |   3 +-
src/backend/optimizer/util/placeholder.c  |   4 +-
src/backend/optimizer/util/tlist.c        |  28 --------
src/backend/optimizer/util/var.c          | 108 ++++++++++++++++--------------
src/backend/parser/parse_agg.c            |   1 +
src/backend/parser/parse_clause.c         |   1 +
src/backend/utils/adt/selfuncs.c          |   2 +-
src/include/optimizer/tlist.h             |   4 +-
src/include/optimizer/var.h               |  22 +++---