pgsql: Docs: provide a concrete discussion and example for RLS race con - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Docs: provide a concrete discussion and example for RLS race con
Date
List pgsql-committers
Docs: provide a concrete discussion and example for RLS race conditions.

Commit 43cd468cf01007f3 added some wording to create_policy.sgml purporting
to warn users against a race condition of the sort that had been noted some
time ago by Peter Geoghegan.  However, that warning was far too vague to be
useful (or at least, I completely failed to grasp what it was on about).
Since the problem case occurs with a security design pattern that lots of
people are likely to try to use, we need to be as clear as possible about
it.  Provide a concrete example in the main-line docs in place of the
original warning.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7debf36072b3a088b3003aab6dcf57c3f186100d

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_policy.sgml |   12 +---