BUG #8485: Cannot Backup / Restore - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ha@canwrx.com
Subject BUG #8485: Cannot Backup / Restore
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8485
Logged by:          Le Quan Ha
Email address:      ha@canwrx.com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   Windows Server 2012

Dear PostgreSQL,

I would like to introduce myself: my name is Le Quan Ha, IT support of
Canwrx Group Ltd. Alberta, Canada
I installed on my Windows Server 2012 your PostgreSQL.

a) My version is Postgres Enterprise Manager version 3.0.0, copyright
2002-2012, the pgAdmin Development Team;

b) The bug is: from the beginning of Installation, the Database Backup and
Restore menu options are always greyed out and disabled that I could not
back up my database. I also tried command-lines  pg_dump  and  psql  , both
command lines are NOT running

Therefore, I think that maybe the command-lines cannot execute hence Backup
and Restore menu options are always greyed out and disabled.

May you help me with this how to fix as our company database grows large now
into 4 thousand profiles, we need to back up urgently.

I would like to appreciate your kindness,
Yours sincerely,
Le Quan Ha,
IT support,
Canwrx Group Ltd.