BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From boy@atsc.nl
Subject BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7521
Logged by:          Boy de Laat
Email address:      boy@atsc.nl
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
Operating system:   CentOS 6.2 x86_64

I've setup some slave replication and just to be sure i use pg_dump as a
backup mechanism besides replication. But when the pg_dump command is issued
much WAL logs will be generated and this is causing my slave to stop
replicating because it is to far behind.

So it would be nice if there is an option to disable WAL logging while
running pg_dump.