BUG #6402: Installer hung and wouldn't work again - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From srinivas_j2ee@yahoo.com
Subject BUG #6402: Installer hung and wouldn't work again
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6402
Logged by:          Srini
Email address:      srinivas_j2ee@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
Operating system:   Window 7

I was trying to upgrade from postgres 8.4 to 9.1.2. I had uninstalled
existing installation restarted the computer and removed the installation
folder. And started the installer. It almost at the end(the green progress
bar is filled) but never finishes the installation. If I stop the installer
and start again it complains that there is an existing installation and will
try to upgrade. It doesn't succeed even with the upgrade option. How do I
clean up the postgres installation and then do a clean install?

-Srini.