BUG #6386: PITR never find a consistent recovery point - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From max.kunz@atip.de
Subject BUG #6386: PITR never find a consistent recovery point
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6386
Logged by:          Max Kunz
Email address:      max.kunz@atip.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.0
Operating system:   CentOs

Hello,

i've got a Problem during PITR.

The Systems stops always with fatal error:

FATAL:  requested recovery stop point is before consistent recovery point.

One system is configured as standby, performing stream and WAL replication.
Another system is running in primary mode.
I have verified that the standby system performed the basebackup
successfully. Hours later I did like to perform a PITR. I use a target_time
which is one hour later than stop_basebackup_time. In spite of that fact,
i've got the error message.

I'm able to start this server in primary mode, but it's not possible to
perform a PITR one minute ago.

Do you have any idea why the system don't find a consistent point for PITR
but for normal startup in primary mode?

kind regards Max