java_objects and create table - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andrew Hart
Subject java_objects and create table
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I am trying to store a java_object into a database using code:
try {
   s.executeUpdate( "create table regions2 ( region java_object );"  );
}
catch (SQLException e) {
   System.out.println("Error creating:" + e.getMessage());
}

Error creating:ERROR:  Unable to locate type name 'java_object' in catalog
JDK14 pg73jdbc3 pg7.2.1

What is going wrong?  I would assume that the java_object type is not
supported but is there an alternative type so that I can use a prepared
statement and a setObject( myRegion ) call to add my object to the database?