Re: varchar, text and cidr - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: varchar, text and cidr
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:58:29 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net> writes:
> > but is there any particular reason why i have to jump through the
> > typecasting hoop twice here?

> Lack of an entry in pg_cast for varchar->cidr.  Feel free to create one.

if i knew how to determine the oid for a data type, i certainly would.

actually, i might not. the customer is maintaining this system himself, and
mostly calling me after he breaks things. better leave the underlying
software base stock. i'll live with the doubled up typecast for now.

cheers,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net