[OT?] How to generate a certificate? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From thiemo
Subject [OT?] How to generate a certificate?
Date
Re: [OT?] How to generate a certificate?  (Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>)
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I try to set up PG7.2.1 (compiled it myself) with openssl support. I
configured it but trying to start I get the message

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): No such file or directory"

Then I copied the one I found with apache but it stays similar

"/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: failed to load server certificate
(/var/lib/pgsql/server.crt): no start line"

In fact, the file is completly empty so I am wondering how I could
generate a suitable certificate.

Thx

Thiemo

--