deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sachchida Ojha
Subject deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof
Date
List pgsql-performance

I am having some dead locking problem with my app system. Our dev are debugging the app to find out the cause of the problem. In the mean time I looked at postgresql.conf file. I found that there is a parameter in postgresql.conf file deadlock_timeout which was set 1000 (ms).  Normally I see deadlock in the night or when auto vacuum is running for a long time.

My question is

What is the significance of this parameter and updating this parameter value will make any difference ?

Thanks

Regards

sachi