RE: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Froehlich
Subject RE: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?
Date
List pgsql-novice

I should add that the only thing that is remotely tricky about this database is that most of the big tables are partitioned (its all time series data and metadata).

--Stephen

From: Stephen Froehlich <s.froehlich@cablelabs.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:48 AM
To: pgsql-novice@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: MySQL to PostgreSQL converter?

Hi all,

I was excited/relieved to see that AWS is now (finally) offering a PostgreSQL aurora serverless service … I have been using MySQL serverless for a given project but am quite frustrated with the immaturity of the RMySQL package compared to RPostgres and a number of issues it causes, so I would like to convert the database over (which is a non-live analysis database, so I can do a dump, convert, and restore with relative ease).

What tools do you like for this kind of conversion?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Froehlich
Sr. Strategist, CableLabs®