Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA
Date
List pgsql-general
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Kellerer
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:46 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA

Igor Neyman schrieb am 22.05.2017 um 21:33:
> Does built-in logical replication work on Windows in PG10 BETA release?
>
> I can’t make it working so far.
>
> I created Publication on “source” PG server, but when I’m trying to CREATE SUBSCRIPTION… on “destination” server, I’m
getting:

> “ERROR: could not connect to the publisher: could not send data to
> server: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL
> negotiation packet: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) SQL
> state: XX000”

> could not send SSL negotiation packet

sounds more like a SSL setup problem between the two Postgres servers, not really related to logical replication.

Can you try to setup the connections without SSL?

That's what I thought when I first saw this error.
But, I don't understand why is it trying to use sockets.
I have ssl=off in postgresql.conf on both sides.

Regards,
Igor