[GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA
Date
Re: [GENERAL] logical replication in PG10 BETA  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general

Hi,

Does built-in logical replication work on Windows in PG10 BETA release?

I can’t make it working so far.

I created Publication on “source” PG server, but when I’m trying to CREATE SUBSCRIPTION… on “destination” server, I’m getting:

ERROR: could not connect to the publisher: could not send data to server: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) could not send SSL negotiation packet: Socket is not connected (0x00002749/10057) SQL state: XX000”

In order to verify that connection works between “destination” and “source” server:

I created Postgres_fdw extension on “destination” server,

then I created server “fdw_server” foreign data wrapper postgres_fdw with the same connection options that I’m using when I’m trying to CREATE SUBSCRIPTION,

and it works fine: using this server (fdw_server) I can create foreign tables to access tables on the “source” server, and see select from these foreign tables.

Please let me know if my description is not clear.

Regards,

Igor