Re: [PERFORM] Very poor read performance, query independent - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Very poor read performance, query independent
Date
List pgsql-performance

From: Charles Nadeau [mailto:charles.nadeau@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:21 AM
To: Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com>
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Very poor read performance, query independent

Igor,

I set shared_buffers to 24 GB and effective_cache_size to 64GB and I can see that the queries are faster due to the fact that the index are used more often. Knowing I have 72GB of RAM and the server is exclusively dedicated to Postgresql, what could be the maximum value for effective_cache?

Thanks!

Charles

64GB for effective_cache_size should be good enough, adding couple more GB wouldn’t change much.

Igor