Issues on OSX - Jaguar - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert J. Sanford, Jr.
Subject Issues on OSX - Jaguar
Date
Re: Issues on OSX - Jaguar  ("Robert J. Sanford, Jr." <rsanford@trefs.com>)
List pgsql-general
I find this to be odd, very odd...

I'm running Marc Liyange's binary package for OSX.

I installed Jaguar yesterday and was halfway expecting to have issues with
PostgreSQL. Well, not quite like I thought I would. I looked at the process
viewer and discovered that the backend really is running. I conneced with
DbVisualizer and got all of the data out of there. Life is good. But...

I can' run psql from the command line. I get an error that says "psql:
command not found". At first I thought it might have my path screwed up so I
went directly into /usr/local/bin and tried to run psql from there. Same
message.

I shut down everything and reinstalled using the latest distro from Marc
Liyange that is marked as being for Jaguar and got the same thing.

I cannot invoke the postmaster from the command line either. Very odd
considering that the postmaster is running from startup.

I think I'm missing something here. Any ideas?

rjsjr