compatibility of database files - cygwin to Linux - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Chris Faulkner
Subject compatibility of database files - cygwin to Linux
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello

I am using postgres on Linux and cygwin. ARe the database files in PGDATA
compatible between the two platforms ? I am familiar with pg_dump but would
like to transfer the files from the system itself. The database is quite
large and I am in a position where I can do this after shutting both
databases down. This mechanism is documented in section 9.2 of the
administrators guide but I just wondered whether there are any particular
issues because these files are being transferred from Linux<->cygwin.

Thanks

Chris