Multiple index builds on same table - in one sweep? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chris Ruprecht
Subject Multiple index builds on same table - in one sweep?
Date
Re: Multiple index builds on same table - in one sweep?
List pgsql-performance
I have a table that I need to rebuild indexes on from time to time (records get loaded before indexes get build).

To build the indexes, I use 'create index ...', which reads the entire table and builds the index, one at a time.
I'm wondering if there is a way to build these indexes in parallel while reading the table only once for all indexes
andbuilding them all at the same time. Is there an index build tool that I missed somehow, that can do this?

Thanks,
Chris.

best regards,
chris
--
chris ruprecht
database grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre