PostgreSQL TDE 12.3 available - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject PostgreSQL TDE 12.3 available
Date
List pgsql-announce
Announcing PostgreSQL 12 TDE
----------------------------

CYBERTEC announces that PostgreSQL TDE 12.3 is now available for download.
PostgreSQL TDE is a version of PostgreSQL which offers full "Transparent Data
Encryption" and thus, provides higher levels of security to the end-user.

Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
---------------------------------

PostgreSQL usually stores data on disk in its standard format but does not
automatically encrypt data there, which is exactly what PostgreSQL TDE provides.
We encrypt data before it is stored on disk and decrypt data as it is read from
the disk. To ensure maximum performance, we make use of Intel hardware acceleration
which allows us to make full use of what modern CPUs have to offer.

PostgreSQL TDE offers a configurable interface to handle key management. You can
integrate your solution with almost any key store out there.

Compatibility
-------------

PostgreSQL TDE can be used with or without encryption. If encryption is not
enabled, PostgreSQL TDE is 100% binary compatible with the standard version of
PostgreSQL.

Download and support

CYBERTEC provides a broad range of support services for PostgreSQL which also
include support for PostgreSQL TDE.

Check out our support packages: https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/services/postgresql-support/

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
Gröhrmühlgasse 26, A-2700 Wiener Neustadt