JDBC-ODBC Bridge usage - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From
Subject JDBC-ODBC Bridge usage
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Am trying to user JDBC-ODBC Bridge to connect to ORACLE database.
Client in on one Linux m/c and DB on another (network). To use the Bridge, itseems the client m/c needs to be configured. Specifically Data Source Name needs to be created. I don't know how to do this in Linux.

Since I am using JDBC-ODBC brigde, my url would look like String url = "jdbc:odbc://<ip address of db>:port/db inst name"; The "db inst name" would be Data Source Name, this should be available on Client machine itseems (somewhere in .odbcinit.ini file).

I created this file (this has details about the DB server) and populated it in my home directory. Now the question is how will the Driver Manager (in client code), read this file and communicate with the DB server.

Please let me know how to progress from here.

Thanks,
Jyoti

www.wipro.com