RE: Best Strategy for Large Number of Images - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zahir Lalani
Subject RE: Best Strategy for Large Number of Images
Date
List pgsql-general

Confidential

We have a large B2B application used in marketing management – heavily focused on images/video – no binaries ever stored in DB – we have all the metadata in the DB and binaries in scalable folder structure. Serving up images from the DB is not very scalable. I am not sure what you will do with the binary data that it is needed in the DB?

From: Estevan Rech <softrech@gmail.com>
Sent: 15 December 2021 17:45
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Best Strategy for Large Number of Images

Hi,

I don't currently use PostgreSQL, but I plan to migrate and I have a question about the best way/strategy for storing images. I have about 2 million images with a growth trend of around 1 million images per year. I plan to store in bytea format in an isolated table. Is this recommended? Is there another better way?