[GENERAL] Installing 9.5 doesn't create 'postgres' unix account on Cent OS 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Lawlor
Subject [GENERAL] Installing 9.5 doesn't create 'postgres' unix account on Cent OS 7
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I am installing Postgres 9.5 on a Cent OS 7 server. I have done the following:

yum install https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch.rpm

yum install postgresql95 postgresql95-server.x86_64

Then I try to switch to the 'postgres' user normally created by installing postgres:

su - postgres
su: user postgres does not exist

If I install the bundled postgres that comes with Cent OS, the postgres linux account is always created.

Not sure why it's not created for 9.5 Regards,

John

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation, retention or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted with it in error please notify postmaster@openet.com. Although Openet has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.