Re: Adding a pgbench run to buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bort, Paul
Subject Re: Adding a pgbench run to buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> 100 transactions seems barely enough to get through startup
> transients.
> Maybe 1000 would be good.

OK.

> I think the hard part of this is the reporting process.  How
> do we track how performance varies over time?  It doesn't
> seem very useful to compare different buildfarm members, but
> a longitudinal display of performance on a single buildfarm
> machine over time would be cool.
> (I'm still missing Mark Wong's daily OSDL performance reports :-()

I was thinking that the output from pgbench would be sent back to the
server and stored somewhere for later analysis.

> Actually the $64 question here is whether we trust pgbench as
> the standard performance test ...

I think that it's what we've got today, and if tomorrow it gets better,
then the data we get from the buildfarm will improve similarly.

Regards,
Paul Bort