Re: Showing parallel status in \df+ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Showing parallel status in \df+
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 13, 2016, at 12:25 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> I disagree.  Adding a column is certainly changing the structure, as is
> removing one.  This certainly hasn't changed my opinion that it's
> worthwhile to consider this change, even at this point in the release
> cycle, given we need to make a change regardless.

Without getting into the substantive question here, I think that as a matter of policy, when somebody thinks we're
whackingthings around too much post-beta, we should lean in the direction of whacking them around less.  You don't have
toagree with Peter on the merits to think that this is optional tinkering. It clearly is.

...Robert