Re: Front end? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Taber, Mark
Subject Re: Front end?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sorry...I jumped the gun.  phpPgAdmin is for administering.  After I went
back and read the original post (yes, I know, I should have done that before
I wrote), I see you're looking for something programmable.  Sorry.

Mark Taber
State of California
Department of Finance
Infrastructure & Architecture

916.323.3104 x 2945
mark.taber@dof.ca.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Afton & Ray Still [mailto:rastill@shaw.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 1:53 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Front end?

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
RealBasic may be good, but It's too expensive for the moment, I'll definatly
keep Access in mind for letting others use the database, but as I don't have
Access....

I've got Apache, PHP, and PostGreSQL up and operational so we'll see what
happens.
I should try to provide a summry of what I've learned to the group, but I'm
not sure where to start.
Probably, other than make sure you read the manuals, the main things are to
install the three programs, and then test Apache by itself (can you see the
Apache test page?), and then test PHP with Apache(a good test is phpinfo().
) and finally get PHP to talk to PostgreSQL.
Thanks everyone
Ray