Re: Getting PostGIS 1.5.3 working with Postgresql90 (Macports) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Getting PostGIS 1.5.3 working with Postgresql90 (Macports)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Oct 7, 2011, at 7:39 PM, René Fournier wrote:

> Plus, I find Macports makes it easy to automate a server build in one script. The problem as I see it isn't Macports
butmy unfamiliarity with Postgresql.

I think it's both ;-) I tried macports for a couple of things and gave up on it. It works for getting dependencies for
certainthings. Then one day it doesn't work because you're trying a combination that wasn't accounted for, and you now
haveno idea how all those things you previously installed are configured...

But if you can find the pg log, it will usually pretty explicitly tell you why the server is quitting on launch. So you
mightjust need to read those wrapper scripts to see how exactly they invoke postgres.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com