Re: pgsql_tmp( Temporary tablespace) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: pgsql_tmp( Temporary tablespace)
Date
List pgsql-performance
suhas.basavaraj12 wrote:
> Can i delete the content of this folder. I have observed couple of
times ,
> this folder got cleaned automatically.

These files are in use and you should not delete them.
If you need them to go right now, cancel the queries that
create temporary files.

If there are any leftover when PostgreSQL is shut down
(don't know if that can happen), it should be safe to
delete them.

> Which backend process deletes  the data from this folder .Any Idea?

I'm not sure, but probably the one that created them.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe